Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mom visits her girls

 
 Mom came to visit me and Ponyo this weekend before she had to head back to work.
 
This was also the weekend I decided to baby-sit my employee's new Yorkie puppy.
This is Haylee.
 
She a lot teenier than she looks in the photos.  She weighs 2.1 lbs!
 
 
The first morning I took mom to my new favorite donut spot RISE biscuit & donut
maple bacon donut, pistachio-pineapple donut with a basil infused cream center and a raspberry crème brulee donut...all delicious!
 
 
For dinner tried Dim Sum House.
They have dim sum everyday!!! and specialty items on the weekends.

 
After dinner I needed a little dessert, so we headed over to Target to see what was left of their Prabal Gurung collection.
There was hardly any items left in my size, but I did snag these little beauties.
I received compliments on them all day!
 

 
 Yesterday it "snowed" all day while I was at work so we didn't go out.
Mom made us squid with Chinese broccoli for dinner and watercress soup (yummy!)
 
 
Today is her last day in town so we decided to go out in spite of the icy winds, brrrr it was cold.
I have been dying to try Iris, the restaurant inside the NC Museum of Art.
It did not disappoint.  The setting was beautiful and the food was great!
I can't wait to take all my out of town guest here.
Behind her on the wall showcases a site-specific sculpture by Patrick Dougherty

 Coffee with chive and cheddar scones
 
 The Lobster and asparagus omelet with brunch potatoes.
(Mom did the right thing and substituted her potatoes for sweet potato fries)
 
 
 
 
 After brunch we strolled around the Museum to help let our food settle.
 
 
After some shopping I took her to downtown Raleigh to the Museum of Natural Sciences and the Museum of History.
 







 
 I love it when mama comes into town <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment